Castles in the sand

Desert life through the eyes of an Icelander

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

(The Wrong) Season's Greetings

Dear you,

(I´ve decided to come up with the concept of late online collective happy new year cards through a blog post, in celebration of the fact that I´m rubbish at christmas cards, which is sad, because they’re a huge tradition in my family [my grandparents send about 900] and I love getting them. Next year I will definitely send a bunch [OK, I say that every year]. And I’d love to get some myself [hopeful!])

My best wishes for the happiest of years.

(I actually thought about following that up with a preemptive happy next Christmas, but decided that would be too sad – it was half a sentence ago that I was promising myself to remember / find the time to send cards this year. And I love Christmas - spent this one back at home, as always. [I have repeatedly been threatened with losing my inheritance if I don’t, although my mother is beginning to realize how limited that threat is, given that there’s not much to have] I love being home – as usual I spent my time relaxing, visiting family, playing board games, walking the dogs, and eating far, far too much smoked lamb and a years supply of pork [I live in a Muslim country]. This time one of the highlight gifts was my sisters and me getting our mother a vacuum cleaning robot, which was a hit [it’s not easy keeping a tidy house with two dogs that are continually shedding black hair]. And as usual it was over much, much too soon. Fortunately leaving was slightly easier than usual, as my family is coming to visity me in a month. Can’t wait)

Thank you for the times we shared in years past – may there be many more in years to come.

(That one I sincerely do mean).

Áramótakveðja,

Magnús Dagur.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Gleðilegt árið félagi!
    Mundu svo að byrja snemma að æfa fyrir maraþonhlaupið :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home