Castles in the sand

Desert life through the eyes of an Icelander

Monday, January 29, 2007

Thinking time

I woke up today in London, on a Monday. It's been two weeks since I made the final decision to move to Dubai, a little too long for it to really be a topic of conversation anymore.

It's also two weeks until I move - a little too far away to really start packing.

Which leaves entirely too much time to think... what am I getting myself into again?

Attempted to get in touch with my company's Middle Eastern head office. They didn't answer, but that's normal, apparently - it's located in Beirut, where most people are staying home today because of Anti-Syrian demonstrations. Which I suppose is better news for me than the time it had to be closed because it shares a building with the Swedish embassy, which someone (or rather, a large group of someones) had decided needed to be punished for the Danish cartoons. You know, Dane, Swede, whatever. Icelander?

But I'm headed for 'greener' pastures anyway - Dubai. Based on a 24-hour whirlwind of an introduction, without the benefit of sleep. Yes, it was vibrant and colourful, and yes, the job is intriguing.

What am I getting myself into again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home